- Gain Creative Insights from Renowned & Experienced Directors & Filmmakers.
- The curriculum is built to cover both the art & tools of Direction. Build your creative portfolio & be industry-ready!
- Special focus on “Direction for OTT” with analysis and insights on the latest content.
- Shadow an AD (Assistant Director) on set & learn on the go from real settings!
- Learn in comfortable languages. Comfortable and clear communication via English, Hindi, and Marathi!
- Students can explore the State-of-the-Art Infrastructure for their projects & avail countless amenities!
- Gain Lifetime Mentors in the form of Celebrated & Renowned Industry Professionals.
What you can learn
- Auteur Theory
- Directing Crew And Directing Actors
- Feature Film: Planning & Execution
- Experimental Production
- Documentary Screens: Self, Revolution & The Everyday
- Ways Of Seeing In Film Direction
- Fundamentals Of Casting
- Script Supervising
- Assistant Director Workshop
- Directing For “Netflix” & Beyond
Why Learn Film Direction at DPIFS?
Learning the art of Direction at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film School takes students on a journey of creative expression. The role of a director is to anchor the creative vision of the story. With a curriculum equipped with the skills required to thrive in the fast-paced world of Direction & filmmaking, students get a holistic perspective of the theory and practice. Students are given a chance to develop their distinct voices.
Students imbibe a mixture of the technical, visual, and storytelling aspects of Direction. Right from learning to direct crew and actors, to the planning of a feature film, the curriculum also includes more management sides of Direction. The curriculum goes above and beyond with subjects on how to direct OTT platforms. It also teaches them to narrate their stories for all types of screens and audiences. The Assistant Director workshop enables students to shadow an AD on a set to learn direction through experience. Students can unleash their creativity and become a master of the director’s craft!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we get to assist any Directors?
Based on your performance, you will be getting different opportunities to work on set with real film team.
What career prospects are available after completing the Film Direction course?
Graduates can pursue careers as film directors, assistant directors, or work in the film and television industry.
What subjects or areas of study are covered in the Film Direction course?
The course covers various aspects such as scriptwriting, pre-production, directing techniques, and post-production.
What is the selection process for the Film Direction course?
The selection process typically involves an application review, followed by a personal interaction or portfolio submission.
What resources and equipment are available for students during the course?
Students often have access to filmmaking equipment, editing suites, and other necessary resources to support their practical training.
Can international students apply?
Yes! Simply fill up the application form and our team will contact you for further details.
Still have questions ?
Can’t find the answer you are looking for? Please chat with our friendly team!