- Gain Creative Insights from renowned & Experienced Cinematographers & Filmmakers.
- The curriculum is built to cover both the art & tools of Cinematography. Build your creative portfolio & be industry-ready!
- Special focus on Cinematography, Photography, and Motion for a holistic perspective for visual storytelling.
- Shadow a Cinematograph on set & learn on the go from real settings!
- Learn in comfortable languages. Comfortable and clear communication via English, Hindi, and Marathi!
- Students can explore the State-of-the-Art Infrastructure for their projects & avail countless amenities!
- Gain Lifetime Mentors in the form of Celebrated & Renowned Industry Professionals.
What you can learn
- Image, Optics, and Cinematic Motion
- Advanced Cinematography
- Advanced Photography
- Advanced Camera Technologies
- Advanced Lighting
- Cinema & Colour
- Art & Screen Design
- Sound Design
- Key Cinematographers in Film History
- Cinematographers at Work (Shadow a Cinematographer)
Why Learn Cinematography at DPIFS?
Learning the art of Cinematography at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film School enables students to convert their special and picturesque view of the world into spectacular videos that narrate the tale of their stories! Students learn to manipulate angles, movement, depth, lights, and perspective to harness the total power of visual storytelling. With a curriculum that allows students to adequately experience, then master the tools and the art of Cinematography, students learn how they can capture the audience visually.
The curriculum does not limit itself to Cinematography but also delves into the advanced realm of Photography and Camera Techniques. Lighting and Colour both play an imminent role in shaping the frames of a film. The curriculum covers these aspects while also covering design aspects of the art. Students get a chance to travel back in time and uncover the minds of some of the greatest key Cinematographers in history for inspiration. Finally, the Cinematographers at Work subject enables students to shadow a cinematographer. Students get a chance to bring their creativity to life through a lens!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will we be learning only theory or also practical?
We focus more on practical learning. Explore real cinematography.
What topics are covered in the Cinematography course?
The course covers subjects like camera operation, lighting techniques, composition, and visual storytelling.
Are there any hands-on practical exercises during the course?
Yes, students typically engage in practical exercises to apply their learning in real-world scenarios.
What career opportunities are available after completing the Cinematography course?
Graduates can pursue careers as cinematographers, camera operators, or work in the film and television industry.
Can I learn about different cinematography styles or genres, such as documentary or experimental filmmaking?
Yes, Cinematography courses often explore various styles and genres, including documentary, experimental, narrative, and commercial filmmaking
Can international students apply?
Yes! Simply fill up the application form and our team will contact you for further details.
Still have questions ?
Can’t find the answer you are looking for? Please chat with our friendly team!