- Gain Creative Insights from Renowned Actors in the Industry.
- The curriculum is built to explore all styles & types of acting! Build a creative portfolio & be industry-ready!
- Special focus on Method Acting, Voice Acting, Dubbing, Character Study, Presence, Expressions, and Emotions so that you can step into the shoes of any character!
- Special workshops at AdiShakti, learn at one of India's biggest theatre and research laboratory & centre.
- Learn in comfortable languages. Comfortable and clear communication via English, Hindi, and Marathi!
- Students can explore the State-of-the-Art Infrastructure for their projects & avail countless amenities!
- Gain Lifetime Mentors in the form of Celebrated & Renowned Industry Professionals.
What you can learn
- Styles of Acting: Classical & Traditional; Realistic & Non-Realistic
- Actor’s Presence: Conviction and Confidence
- Group Building: Sharing and Interaction
- Actor to Character Process: Character Study
- Movement, Rhythm, Gesture & Posture
- Voice Acting: Pronunciation of Syllables, Monologue & Dialogue
- Emotions & Expressions: The Genesis of Emotions
- Sound and Dubbing
- Basic Grooming and Modelling (Portfolio Shoot)
- Basics of Dance
Why Learn Acting at DPIFS?
Learning the art of Acting at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film School allows students to work on themselves to effectively express characters and stories to an audience. The curriculum involves all that is needed to hone the skills and confidence required before stepping in front of the camera or a stage. Students get a chance to explore their limits and discover their true artistic potential.
Students get to study and experience different types of acting, including Method Acting, Classic and Traditional, and Realistic and Non-Realistic. With in-depth Character Study, and focus on an Actor’s Presence: Conviction, and Confidence; along with Emotions and Expressions, students can master all that is needed to step into the shoes of their character. The curriculum also includes a study of movement, rhythm, gestures, and posture, along with dedicated sessions on voice acting. Through Grooming, Modelling, and Dance sessions, students become all-rounders to act out any character they wish to!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pursue acting as a career without any prior experience or training?
While prior experience or training can be beneficial, DPIFS welcomes aspiring actors with different levels of experience.
What performance opportunities are available for students during the programmes?
Acting schools often provide students with various performance opportunities, such as showcases, plays, student films, or collaborations with other artistic organizations.
Are there any opportunities to network with industry professionals?
Acting schools often invite guest speakers, industry professionals, or alumni to share their experiences and insights with students. Also, the collaboration with Adishakti Theatre Arts will add value.
How do acting schools prepare students for auditions?
Acting schools typically offer audition preparation classes or workshops, where students learn techniques for monologues, cold readings, and scene study.
Can acting schools help with post-graduation career opportunities?
Acting schools often offer career guidance and support services to students. This may include resume building, headshot advice, industry showcases, or connections to talent agents.
Can international students apply?
Yes! Simply fill up the application form and our team will contact you for further details.
Still have questions ?
Can’t find the answer you are looking for? Please chat with our friendly team!